Monday, December 22, 2008

A couple of updates...


Saturday night we went out with a group of good friends. We had supper at Olive Garden and then went to see a movie. We saw "Yes Man".


Let me preface the next couple of sentences by saying that, as an actor, I am not fond of Jim Carrey. The overdone theatrical sight gags grate on me. That said, he was hilarious in this movie. My husband and I were laughing pretty much through the whole movie. There were a couple of cringe-worthy moments, but, overall, I thought it was a fun flick. I wouldn't mind seeing it again, actually.


We opened presents tonight (for a bunch of reasons) and, while the kids got all they wanted, I really made out on this one. I got a Garmin Nuvi 205 (since I get lost at least once a week, this will be very useful.) I'm trying to figure it out, still. Also, I got a lovely purse and wallet by Anushka. Here's an example of the purse since I haven't taken any pictures of it yet. I got some other stuff too, but that was the absolute highlight of the night. Other than Hannah shrieking when she got the boxed set of the Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyer. My eardrums have barely recovered.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad everyone had a nice Xmas! :) Hope all is well, and we get a chance to chat real soon.

Unknown said...

I got everlast heavy bag gloves, a columbia fleece, an action jacket for my nano and an assortmet of movies (Blues Brothers and most of the Rocky's; one through four). Oh, and a pair of Merrel hiking boots (low tops). I m a happy man!

Anonymous said...

Eric--

Do you have a heavy bag, too? (And mind OUT of the gutter for this one! :)

Blondtwin said...

Yeah, he got one years ago when I went to Australia on a business trip. My mom lived with us at the time and he figured it was either the heavy bag or the ... er... old bag. *grin*