Friday, December 12, 2008

Girls' Night Out...

Hannah and I did some Christmas shopping tonight and decided to stop for dinner at the Melting Pot. If you haven't been there, it's quite the experience.

First, the waitstaff was excellent. They knew their stuff and were always timely with the refreshments without being intrusive.

Second, the food. Whoa. I think I ate more tonight than I have in the last week altogether. We decided to do the Fondue Feast. It came with a cheese fondue appetizer, lovely crisp salads, the main entree, and dessert. Fantastic. the cheese came with savory breads, granny smith apples, and fresh crunchy vegetables. I had the cobb salad and Hannah had the Caesar salad minus the dressing. The entree dish had a choice of meats. The one we chose came with filet mignon, chicken, salmon, shrimp, ravioli, and pork. We substituted the pork for duck. It was incredible. Juicy (not greasy as I have been led to believe!). Oh, and we had a boullion broth to cook the meat in. That's not even to mention the fresh veggies that came with it. Potatoes, broccoli, squash and mushrooms. They had this green goddess stuff that you put in the mushroom cap to "stuff" the mushroom. MMMMmmmmm. Bliss.

That reminds me of being a kid. My mom had a fondue pot that she'd dust off every now and again. I remember those nights fondly. She'd get stew meat and we'd cook it in the vegetable oil in the pot and then dip it in a garlic and salt mixture before eating. It was good, but, tonight's fare was miles better.

And finally, third, the dessert. We ordered the Cherries Jubilee. It was dark chocolate and cherries flambe with assortied sweeties to dip in it. Cheesecake, brownie, marshmallows, strawberries, bananas, rice crispy treats, and spongecake.

It's been three hours and I'm still stuffed. I'd go back again in a second, though. Maybe a good thing coming from tough economic times is the better service by waitstaff. I guess they DO need those tips.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ooo. The Melting Pot sounds Super delicious!!!!