Saturday, October 25, 2008

Tweeny-Boppers

Tonight, I sacrificed myself on the altar of girlish hormonal bliss. Hannah and I went to see High School Musical 3. When she asked me afterward if I enjoyed the movie, I said, truthfully, "I enjoyed watching the people in the theater more than the movie."

The opening scene has Zac Efron all sweaty. Girly shrieking erupted in the theater and I knew I was in for a fun ride. They did not disappoint. As the movie progressed, they were clapping along with the songs, raising their arms to sway back and forth, and offering loud applause when they felt that the scene deserved it.

I was highly entertained by the crowd. Hannah was more restrained in her appreciation of the movie, but I did hear her singing along with a few of the songs. If she caught me watching her, she stopped, so I tried to surreptitiously look at her out of the side of my eyes.

Overall, the movie was like any of the other HSM's. Sweet but not a lot of oomph.

I have a feeling the soundtrack for HSM3 is going to be on Hannah's Christmas list.

No comments: